City of Gulfport Flood Information and Protection Guide
Proper flood protection is an important part of living on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and Katrina has taught us that sometimes the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico and other waterways around our city can rise up against us. The purpose of this information page is to provide residents with access to flood information for the City of Gulfport and surrounding areas.
This page is checked and updated regularly based on any new information released by local, state, and/or federal authorities. The last update was made on December 11, 2019.
Important Local Information:
Flood Protection Library
- Continuous Gradnfathering of flood insurance
- How to Prepare for a Hurricane
- How to Prepare for a Flood
- Prepare your Organization for a Hurricane Playbook
- Flood Insurance for Renters
- Protect What Maters
- Preferred Risk Policy
- Preferred Risk Tables
- A Small Investment
- A Small Investment Brochure
- FEMA P-347, Above the Flood: Elevating your Floodprone House (2000)
- Answers to Questions about the National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA P-55, Coastal Construction Manual: Principles and Practices of Planning, Siting, Designing, Constructing, and Maintaining Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas (4th ed.)
- FEMA 54, Elevated Residential Structures (1984)
- Flood Insurance Quote Flood-smart
- FEMA P-85, Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards (2009)
- FEMA 257, Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas (1994)
- FEMA 348, Protecting Building Utilities from Flood Damage (1999)
- FEMA - Protect Your Property
- FEMA - Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster
- FEMA - Protecting Yourself Through Mitigation
- Protecting Floodplain Resources - A Guidebook for Communities
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding: A Guide for Communities
- Coastal Construction Manual Brochure
- Browse 6,075 FEMA Document and Manuals
- Cleaning Up Your Home After A Flood
- FEMA High Water Mark Initiative
- Sea Level Rise and Coastal Flooding Impacts
- Critical Habitat Mapper
- Flood Insurance Residentail Coverage
- SLOSH - Sea, Lake, and Overland Surges from Hurricanes
Mississippi State Information:
This is the official site of the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and provides a great information resource for residential and commercial coverage.
The official website of the Mississippi Department of Transportation. It provides hurricane evacuation guides and maps, as well as traffic conditions for the state.
The NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) website that is maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency website, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency website, which was formed to help with the planning and response to emergencies in the state.